Beautycounter
I do my best to use personal care products that are as chemically and cruelty free as I can find. I’m not 100% perfect about it but most of my products are plant based, not tested on animals, and biodegradable in the water supply. This is really important to me but it’s hard to find a company that can meet all three of my concerns. I’ve heard of Beautycounter in passing but I never used any of their products even though I heard they met all three of my requirements. Last week I got a invitation from The Environmental Working Group to come out to an event thrown by Beautycounter’s so I rounded up a group of friends and went to see what I could find out.
We were treated to finger food, wine, and information from Beautycounter’s friendly consultants. We learned about the company, what products they offer, their stance on chemicals, their selling strategies, the three non-profits they partner with, and the companies history. Gregg Renfrew, the CEO of Beautycounter, was inspired by Al Gore’s documentary The Inconvenient Truth to make small changes in her own life. The more she learned the more she decided to take matters into her own hands. She started Beautycounter because she wanted a new kind of company that is committed to high standards, healthy ingredients, and female empowerment.
On average a woman will put 12 different products onto her skin every day and every night. Laws governing what can be put into these personal care products haven’t been updated in the United States since 1938. The European Union has banned 1,300 chemicals from beauty products while the United States has only banned 11. Beautycounter looks at every ingredient they put into their products to see if they need to add it, if the ingredient is safe, and will it help the product perform better. I tried a couple of the products myself and I can promise you these products feel, smell, and perform marvelously.
There are two ways to become involved in Beautycounter you can either be a customer or a consultant. When I was mingling, I met a women named Laurel Guiliano who made the decision to move from customer to consultant. She’s so excited about her new career and she loves the Beautycounter’s line of children’s products. Laurel gave me her personal testimonial, “As a mom, I want what is best for my kids, whether it be the activities they do, the food they eat, or what I put on their sweet little bodies! Beautycounter products are free of toxins and harmful chemicals that are found in most other skin care products. What I especially love about the Kidscounter products from Beautycounter is that they are so effective! The Squeaky Clean Body Wash smells great, bubbles up, and gets my kids clean! The Nice Do Shampoo suds up well and rinses out easily, and a little goes a long way. Best of all, it leaves my daughter’s hair feeling silky soft! The Not a Knot Conditioner is effective without having to use a whole handful, and it is such a great detangler - brushing her hair is now a breeze.”

She went on to tell me about the products she uses for herself. “Beautycounter has amazing skin care products for Moms, too! I have been using products from the Essentials and Countertime Collections for over a month and I am hooked! I have seen amazing improvements in my complexion. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is smooth, hydrated, and balanced.” Feel free to send Laurel a e-mail at laurelbeautycounter@gmail.com for more information on how to purchase products in the Columbus area. You can also visit her website for further information.
Let me know if you choose to buy anything from Beautycounter. I’m also curious about what products you use daily. I currently use Naked body wash, Paul Mitchell hair care, Bee Kind Lotion, and most of my makeup is from The Body Shop. Check out The Environmental Working Group’s SkinDeep website and phone app so you can tell me how safe your current products are and if you’re making a switch to a different brand.
No comments:
Post a Comment