Friday, August 8, 2014

Wildlife Live Cams



If you work inside and you want a little taste of the wild try viewing these live animal cams from Explore. No matter what your interest I’m sure they have a cam for you. Elephants, polar bears, buffalo, chipmunks, cats, dogs, and bees are just a few of the options. They also have reefs, beaches, mountains, and rivers where you can watch the tides, boats, and fish.

I’m currently watching puffins who are hanging out on Puffin Loafing Ledge. A few of the video, puffins included, are asking for assistance in their research. For example whenever I see a puffin parents feed their young I’m supposed to take a screenshot and share it with the researchers. Having these live cams up is calming, educational, and I’m helping the researchers!

I feel so disconnected from my degree sometimes with my day to day job that this is just perfect for me. I plan on leaving a cam up whenever I can during the workday to help me explore the places outside my desk. Let me know in the comments section if you access one, which one, and if you’ll try it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment