There is no better day than Earth Day to start a blog on environmental conservationism. It’s a personal time of renewal for me and a reminder that this planet is really, really small...smaller then we think, and more vulnerable then we think. Under all our differences we’re all the same creatures, we’re all connected on this tiny sphere. We want a warm place to sleep, food in our bellies, a safe place to live and raise our offspring. Humanity shares these needs with the rest of the animal kingdom but sometimes we forget that common connection. We pull at the threads of tolerance, compassion, and gratefulness and we introduce selfishness, cruelty, and fear. Letting this happen can lead to tragedy on our little world. One person can actually change things, so that’s what I’m trying to do here. I believe my time spent writing about the parks I enjoy and the organizations that support them can lead to more people exploring the world around them and hopefully that’ll rekindle the connectedness we all benefit from.
Currently I’m not employed in the
environmental field, so until that happens I want to remain firmly planted in
the green energy that Columbus ,
Ohio (and the surrounding areas),
has to offer. This blog will cover the places I explore, the people I meet, and
the wonderful planet saving activities Columbus ,
Ohio has to offer. I know there are
endless blogs on the web dedicated to an infinite amount of projects, hobbies,
and passions, so thank you for spending some of your time to drop by and read
this one--I hope you get something from it. I hope it sparks something in you.
I hope you take a trip, pick up some litter, get some sunshine, or remember
just for a moment that this world belongs to all the creatures who inhabit it.
Happy Earth Day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment